1) Age. Students must be 18 years old or over (17 with parental permission)
2) Number of Students per class maximum 8 students per class, 3-5 on average
3) Classes Each class hour lasts 60 minutes. There is one 15 minutes break from 11.00 to 11.15 am
4) Fees include: tuition, welcome pack, student information handbook, use of resource centre, free Internet access - placement test and end of course certificate / individual report.
The balance must be paid at least 30 days before the beginning of the course.
Fees do not include: Exam fees, meals, private insurances and bank charges.
A registration fee of €40 will be charged on all courses. Registration fee does not include course books. All students must buy a course book and materials (according to the number of weeks studied, ex €35 for 1-5 weeks). These fees will be included on all invoices (extra fees may be charged depending on progression; book cost is €35 per level).
5) Airport Transfers. We can arrange for you to be met at Bologna airport and taken by car to your accommodation. The cost of this services is €50 from/to airport and €35 from/to railway station - one way
6) Excursions. Excursions are not included in the cost. (except over 50 course). Most social and cultural activities are free of charge (please see monthly schedule)
7) ALCE Calendar. The School will be closed on the following public holidays: Public holidays (2021): 5 Apr, 4 Oct, 1 Nov, 8 Dec
Christmas holidays 2021 (annual closing): from 20/12/2021 to 09/01/2022
8) Accommodation. All accommodation booked by ALCE is subject to an administration fee of €40. If a student changes family or accommodation, a second administration fee may be charged in some cases
9) Insurance. All students are advised to take out private medical and travel insurance. On request insurance can be provided. All EU nationals should bring E1.11 form covering public medical care.
10) Visas. EU nationals do not require Visa. Non-EU nationals should contact their local Italian Embassy or Consulate. Please check the special refunding policy for students who apply for student Visa (Type D)
11) Booking and Cancellations: Booking and Cancellations. Enrolment must be accompanied by a deposit of €200, which can be paid by credit card (add 3%), or bank transfer.
Up to 60 days before beginning of course: all fees refunded less a charge of €140 (admin. expenses); from 59 to 45 days prior to the beginning of the, all fees refunded less a charge of €240 (admin. expenses).
From 44 to 30 days prior to the beginning of the Program, course: balance will be refunded less a charge of 25%. If a booking is cancelled between 29 and 14 days before the start of the course you will be entitled to a refund, less a charge of 45%. If a booking is cancelled between 13 and 8 days before the start of the course you will be entitled to a refund, less a charge of 70%. Any refund will be made within 90 working days.
If the cancellation arrives late, entire sum will be forfeited. After the start of the program, liability amounts to the full program cost and no refund will be made.
12) Changing Course. If a student changes the date of a course, an extra registration fee will be charged. If the change is made less than one week before the course start date, one week’s accommodation will also be charged.
13) Refunds. No refund can be made after a course has started. In the case of illness, students may ask for a course to be postponed to a later date. In this case the school will require a medical certificate. A course cannot be carried over into the next calendar year.