At ALCE, we only have intensive courses for adults. 23 hours is the minimum number of hours you will be able to do here!
Serious and closely monitored teaching to get better in Italian.
(n° of hours per course type)
+3 in workshop
|30h||20 Group* (mixed with GI23)
+10 mini group
|28h||Intensive (GI23) group + 5 private||17||A1-C1+||2-48||9:00-13:15
to book with GI23 (or private course)
|+4h||GI 23 group
+4 conversation mini group
= total 27
|17||A1-C1+||Any on top of GI23||14:00-16:00
1 to 1 & 2 to 1
if not combined
|Private or semi-private||17||A1-C2||Min 1||Schedule confirmed once at school|
23 hours per week
Length: you can enroll from 2 weeks to an academic year
It consists of 20 morning classes (of 60 min) per week plus 2 afternoon workshops per week.
|FROM MONDAY TO FRIDAY|
|9:00 - 10:50||Lesson part 1, teacher A: focus on grammar (listening & vocabulary)|
|10:50 - 11:05||break|
|11:05 - 13:15||Lesson part 2, teacher B: communicative activities (focus on reading, listening, vocabulary)|
|13:15 - 14:00||LUNCH BREAK|
+ WORKSHOPS (we strongly encourage the participation but this is not obligatory):
|14:00 - 16:00||Tuesday||14:00 - 15:00
15:00 - 16:00
|Grammar levels A1-A2
Grammar levels B1 - B2 - C1
|Thursday||14:00 - 16:00||Conversation or
Phoenetics & pronunciation (alternate)
- The grammar workshop is a complementary lesson where we focus on specific grammar topics, especially designed for and divided by indicated levels. With this extra class, students have the opportunity to revise and clarify the grammar they have worked with throughout the previous week. One thematic per workshop!
- The phonetics & pronunciation workshop is a complementary lesson essential when learning a foreign language. Teachers often use our soundproof laboratory of dubbing and recording. Students get recorded so they can hear their voice and pronunciation in order to correct their mistakes and imperfections.
- The conversation workshop is a complementary lesson where students practice their communicative skills through everyday life topics.
25 to 28 hours per week
This course consists of 20 hours of GROUP General Italian + one hour of private (one-to-one) lessons in the afternoon per day.
The private lessons give students the opportunity to concentrate on their own individual needs and interests.
The course is from 9.00am to 1.15pm in the morning + usually 2.00pm to 3.00pm in the afternoon.
30 hours per week
This highly intensive course combines our group Standard Italian Course in the morning (20h) + 10 hours of Standard Italian Course in the afternoon in mini-group.
This course is available all year round and is ideal for participants who only have 2 or 3 weeks.
Here students have many chances to improve the language faster and also get the opportunity to:
- Ask all the questions about their doubts
- Put in practice everything they have learnt in the morning
- Consolidate the learning immediately
- Study more Italian though different topics and enrich their vocabulary
(**) When there are less than 2 students enrolled at the same level, we guarantee, at the same price, 5 one to one afternoon classes per week
ONE TO ONE
This is the most customised option. The programme is completely based on the student’s individual needs and adapts immediately to take into account the developments they have made.
Both the content and timing of this course can be adapted to suit the student’s requirements.
Suggested to those who wish to perfect their knowledge of the Italian language in a brief period and with a full immersion. Experience has shown us that this type of course guarantees the very best results and progress!
TWO TO ONE
If two people are interested in taking lessons together, the two-to-one option offers a great opportunity in both financial and educational terms, rapidly increasing communicative ability in Italian for everyday and academic use. The same (or similar) starting knowledge is required.
NB: students enrolled in any of our course can add any number of private courses to their lessons (no minimum). There is though a minimum of 10 hours per week for a student that would like to come and only do private courses at the school.
23 + 4 hours per week
The culture and conversation class is an ADD-ON. You can combine it with the GI23 or private lessons.
It runs in mini-group (2-3 persons).
It consists of 2x2 hours of extra conversation class per week (on top of the workshop one) and acts as a perfect addition to morning classes to make your Italian speaking more fluide.
These courses explore various aspects of Italian culture, with a particular focus on the spoken language, and are designed for students who wish to learn more about the history of the language, Italian literature and Italian dialects.